Do you know the importance of life-long learning? (140-4)
Wise leaders understand the importance of their mind to the future of their organization. Read Proverbs 23:7-19.
In the Maxwell Leadership Bible, John Maxwell discusses Vision: Hope for a Preferred Future:
Consider some of the timeless principles offered in Proverbs 23 about our minds and a godly vision for tomorrow:
- Your thoughts determine your character (v.7).
- Be careful of your thoughts; they may break into words at any time (v. 7).
- Don’t waste your thoughts on those who don’t hunger for them (v. 9).
- The first person you lead is you, and the first organ you master is your mind (v. 12).
- Don’t let your mind drift away from God’s truth and into vain envy (v. 17).
- Stay confident that your vision will come to pass (v. 18).
- Discipline your thoughts to remain steadfast in what you know is right (v. 19).
We have all heard the line in a popular TV ad that says, “A mind is too great a thing to waste.” That ad simply hitchhiked on a truth Solomon wrote nearly 3,000 years ago. Wise leaders are life long learners.
Trackback from your site.