Do you actively seek to manage team conflicts? (172-4)
Leaders must manage conflict to develop teamwork among those on their team. Read Ezekiel 37:15-28.
This Messianic passage describes Godâ€™s ideal for what leadership is to accomplish. Ezekiel enacts a symbol. Two sticks, representing the southern and northern kingdoms of Israel (Judah and Joseph being the chief tribes, respectively), are joined to form one stick, symbolizing the unity of the nation of Israel on its return to the homeland. These verses contain several references to peace and unity. Tribes that butted heads often during Israelâ€™s history will have their conflict end. When conflict management works as it will in the Messianic Kingdom tensions are released, there is mutual understanding, and teamwork flourishes.
Until the Messianic Kingdom is established it is certain that every leader will face conflict. The question for todayâ€™s leaders isnâ€™t how to entirely avoid conflict but how to best manage it.
A few ideas that when properly applied will assist leaders in managing conflict:
- Donâ€™t ignore the problem.
- Create an environment where people are allowed to work through their issues one-on-one.
- If the one-on-one has failed tackle the problem head on.
- Enter the process quickly.
- Go to the parties involved and address the issues face-to-face.
- As much as possible and as long as possible avoid involving a fourth person as this can lead to choosing up sides or lobbying for others support rather than addressing the issue.
- If all efforts have failed bring in â€śprofessionalâ€ť help making it clear their involvement is for the purpose of bringing about reconciliation.
- If the conflict persists and reconciliation cannot be reached, you as the leader will need to impose a solution i.e. separation or transfers, or outright release of one or both.
Until the Messiah establishes His kingdom conflicts canâ€™t be avoided. But they can be managed. The wise leader will be devoted to learning how to do that.
Tags: A team can flourish, Get professional help to resolve conflicts, God's ideal for leadership, Managing conflict, Messianic Kingdom, Mutual Understanding, Peace, Resolve issues face-to-face, Teamwork, Tensions can be released, Unity
Trackback from your site.